At 1513 Anti-Aging & Weight Loss, we have the tools you need to look and feel your best at any age. Ponce de Leon may not have found the fountain of youth, but we have!
As we age, many of us experience a gradual decline in growth hormone. In fact, at age 30 the production of growth hormone by the pituitary gland beings to decline. This process, known as somatopause, is responsible for many classic sign of aging.
How do you know if you are suffering from somatopause? Common symptoms include:
- Gaining weight around the waist
- Losing muscle mass
- Decreased quality and enjoyment of life
- Chronic pain
- Poor sleep pattern
Fortunately, you don’t have to continue struggling with your physical decline. Growth hormones may slow down biological aging and may reverse many of the symptoms associated with aging. The result? You’ll look better, feel better, and even perform better.
Benefits of treatment may include:
- Decrease in visceral fat and increase in lean muscle mass.
- Decreased cardiovascular risks
- Improved cardiac and lung function
- Lower blood pressure and improved lipid panel
- Increased exercise capacity and increased muscle strength
- Increased bone mineral density
- Increased physical and mental energy
- Increased hydration of the skin and decreased propensity to develop wrinkles
- Accelerated wound healing and increased immune system
- Improved sleep, vision, and mood
Diagnosing and Treating Low Growth Hormone
How is somatapause diagnosed? During your appointment, we will complete a screening by:
- Reviewing your medical history including chronic medical conditions and medications
- Completing a thorough physical exam
- Performing extensive lab work which includes: testosterone—total and free, TSH cascade, Hgb, AC1, lipid panel, IFG-1, B12, CBC, CMP, PSA, SHBG, Prolactin, FSH/LH
- GH Stimulation Test